Product and price information are subject to change without notice.
*log in for dealer pricing
i5 Smart Spot Welder with Trans-Gun
The i5 features a new medium frequency transformer-built-into-welding gun (trans-gun) capable of delivering over 13,000A with over 1,000 lbs. (450dAN) of squeeze pressure. The i5 is designed to handle all new ultra high strength steels including Boron, etc. The operator can chose between three different modes, AUTO, SEMI-AUTO, and MANUAL, for the two sided spot welding. In the AUTO mode the i5 measures the thickness of the metals automatically using the latest optical technology. The i5 then senses the metals to be welded from a pre-delivered current to determine the type of metal. Based on the thickness and resistance feedback information, the i5 delivers the correct weld power every time regardless of type of metal or thickness.
- Auto Weld - The i5 delivers the correct weld, weld time, and weld pressure every weld regardless of type of metal or thickness at the push of a button.
- Double-Acting Trans Gun - Unlike any other trans-gun on the market the i5 can spread the electrodes wide open with the push of a button without the operator ever having to remove his or her hands from their original positions.
- Full Color Touch Screen Interface - High contrast full color touch screen display featuring over 3,000 OEM screens (with weld data and repair recommendations) from several manufactureres.
- Custom Water-cooled Weld Arms - The same versatility and ease of use that Pro Spot has made a standard in the industry, but with the added funtionality of a 5 gal. (20L) radiator looped cooling system all the way to the weld caps.
- Advanced Upgrade System - Upgrade your systems software via the same USB slot that you recieve log-in and weld history info. No flash cards required.
- Overhead Boom and Optional Tool Balancer
- Hidden Tool Storage
Product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under intended use and service for one (1) year after delivery. The electronic control unit is warranted for two (2) years on factory exchange basis.
- Input Voltage: 208 - 240V 50/60 Hz
- Input Voltage: 400 - 420V 50/60 Hz
- Welding Amperage: 13,000A max
- Cable Length: Input 30' (10m); Weld Cable 16.5' (5m)
- Electrode Pressure: 1050 lb (480) DaN
- Liquid Cooling System: Radiator/pump active loop cooled to weld caps
- Microprocessor: Upgradable software platform
- Protection: IP 21
- Patents (3): 5,239,155; 6,706,990; 6,539,770
- Weight: 314 lbs. (142 kg)